Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This has been a staple at church "eatin' meetin's" since I was a little girl. My Aunt Gladys has supplied more of this chicken spaghetti for fund raisers than any other dish I remember. If we counted the pounds of chicken and spaghetti, they would fill a semi trailer.....guess that goes to show this is some good stuff....people still ask her to make it and she's 90+ (no, Aunt Gladys, I didn't tell them) years old!
- 1 hen
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups parmesan cheese, for topping
- Boil hen in seasoned salt and poultry seasoning. Allow to cool and remove from bone.
- Cook the spaghetti in the chicken broth leftoever from boiling the hen.
- Saute the onion, celery and bell pepper in the stick of butter until tender.
- Add the tomato sauce and then the soup to the onion mixture.
- In a large casserole dish, layer the chicken, then the spaghetti over the chicken.
- Pour the entire sauce mixture over the spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.