The Big Cheese's Note:
This is an unusual and delicious chicken salad that is super easy to make. I love it on some loose lettuce leaves or inside a croissant. I use two large boneless chicken breasts to get the 2 cups of cubed meat. My Aunt Gladys of Glendale, CA made this for me several years ago and I have been making it ever since. My friends have been begging me for the recipe and now here it is. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons Catalina dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup toasted almond
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- bibb lettuce or 4 -6 plain croissants, if desired
- 1Cook your chicken breasts as you usually do until they are completely done.
- 2I bake mine in the oven at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3Cool and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- 4Marinate the cubed cooked chicken breast meat in the Catalina dressing in a ziplock bag overnight in the refrigerator.
- 5The next day, add the celery, green onion, parsley, curry powder, mayonnaise and toasted almonds.
- 6Gently fold in the mandarin oranges.
- 7Serve over loose Bibb lettuce leaves or in a croissant if desired.
- 8It's good just by itself!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Gladys' California Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.3
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 301.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 23.6 g