Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Aunt Gin got it from her sister-in-law in West Virginia. It is a very good keeper so it is good to ship to someone far away. Granny Smith apples diced fine are the best apples to use.
- 4 cups diced apples
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup plumped raisins
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- (flour,baking soda,salt & cinnamon)
- Mix oil ,sugar & eggs. Add to the dry
- ingredients. Then add apples and / or.
- nuts and raisins if desired.
- place into a well greased or sprayed
- tube pan -- this is a stiff batter.
- bake 60 -70 minutes in a 325 degree.
- oven. Cool and remove from pan --
- yes this is a heavy cake -- but so tasty.
- and a long keeper
- if kept in an airtight container.
i would like to make this cake,,