My aunt always made this squash casserole. She usually used eggplant and zucchini or whatever my uncle picked fresh out of the garden. You can use any combination of zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice squash and put in large pot.If using eggplant, peel first before slicing and dicing. Add onion, garlic clove, and chicken bullion cube. Cover with water and boil until squash/eggplant is tender.
- 2Drain squash mixture and allow to cool.
- 3Crumble toasted bread in large bowl. Add squash/eggplant mixture, egg, pimento, and cheese. Garlic salt and pepper to taste. Combine thoroughly being careful not to mash the squash/eggplant up too much.
- 4Pour into greased 13x9 casserole. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Gerry's Squash / Eggplant Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 163.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g