Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
My aunt always made this squash casserole. She usually used eggplant and zucchini or whatever my uncle picked fresh out of the garden. You can use any combination of zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant.
- 6 squash or 2 eggplants
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces diced pimentos
- gralic salt
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- Slice squash and put in large pot.If using eggplant, peel first before slicing and dicing. Add onion, garlic clove, and chicken bullion cube. Cover with water and boil until squash/eggplant is tender.
- Drain squash mixture and allow to cool.
- Crumble toasted bread in large bowl. Add squash/eggplant mixture, egg, pimento, and cheese. Garlic salt and pepper to taste. Combine thoroughly being careful not to mash the squash/eggplant up too much.
- Pour into greased 13x9 casserole. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.