Mrs. DeVelopment's Note:
Growing up these were my very favorite cookies. My Aunt Georgia would make dozens of these during the holidays, along with many other of her scrumptious desert specialties. I was fortunate that she shared her recipes with me before she passed on. Now I make the goodies and these are still a favorite, especially with my Mom and Sister. She only used Land O' Lakes butter and I've found that if I use any other brand they just don't taste like Aunt Georgia's. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together butter and sugars.
- 2Add in egg yolks and vanilla.
- 3Gradually add in flour.
- 4Roll teaspoon sized balls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 5Flatten with tines of a fork the way you would peanut butter cookies.
- 6Sprinkle with colored sugars or sprinkles if desired.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Georgia's Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 92.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g