Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 min
This is another really good recipe (my Aunt Freda's recipe) from our family cookbook. A nice thing about this recipe is that it can be made and forgotten about the day before and needs no last-minute attention.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄8 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup oil (do not use olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces peas, drained
- 16 ounces French style green beans, drained
- 16 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower, in bite-size pieces
- 1 -2 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated
- 1⁄2-1 cup whole corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained and cut fine
- Dressing- Boil sugar, vinegar, and water for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and add oil and salt.
- Stir and set aside to cool.
- Vegetable Mixture- Mix vegetables together in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours before serving, stirring occasionally.
- If you don't like any of these vegetables, you can omit or substitute others.