Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from my great Aunt who originally made it all from scratch!
Make and share this Aunt Fran's Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Set Aside.
- Combine pudding and cake mix with eggs, oil, water and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Grease and flour 9x13 inch pan.
- (This cake rises considerably and needs a large pan.) Sprinkle half of the nuts on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread half of the batter over the nuts.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Add rest of batter.
- Sprinkle top with nuts.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a wooden tooth pick comes out clean.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk.
- Drizzle glaze over cake whil hot.
This is a super-good cake...so light and moist! I love how easy it is to mix together, and a big + is that it's made with stuff I usually have on hand anyway! Followed your easy directions right down the line, and, voila!! Thanks so much for sharing, CH, You have a big winner here!
This was super easy and pretty darn good. I will try adding fruit next time to see what I get. Thanks
This was delicious! I've also made a 2nd one using orange cake mix, and it was gone in an hour! thanks again.