Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Take a guess at the quantities. Mom's directions liberally use the phrase "desired amount." Aunt Francis brought this to every shared family meal, and it was consistently a favorite by all of us.
- Make this a day ahead of time.
- Cook desired amount of potatoes, chop into pieces and add desired amount of onion.
- Fry desired amount of bacon pieces until crisp.
- Drain; use some of the grease in salad for flavor.
- For dressing, make up the quantity needed, using the following proportions: 4 tablespoons sugar and 7 tablespoons vinegar.
- Heat, then pour over potatoes; add onion and bacon.
- Cover with foil and stir every hour or so.
- When ready to serve, it can be put in a very low oven to heat.