Chef burnt toast's Note:
This is a classic family recipe that we use as either a "make into balls and squish them" recipe or a roll out and get out the fancy cookie cutters recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and vanilla together.
- 2Add in and mix the cornstarch to the butter mixture.
- 3Add the icing sugar to the butter/cornstarch mixture.
- 4Beat well until well combined and fluffy.
- 5Add the flour and beat well until combined and fluffy.
- 6Make into two balls of dough to work with, if you are going to use cookie cutters.
- 7Roll to 1/4 inch thick, or make into small balls to press with a fork or small cookie press.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees F, for 20-25minutes (reduce time if small cookies).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Florrie's Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 36.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g