1 hr 25 mins
Every year for our Christmas gift, my namesake Aunt Faye made her apple cake for me, and my two sisters -- It is a special honor to share Aunt Faye's Apple Cake recipe with my Zaar friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs (extra large)
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups granny smith apples, chopped (I peel ~ your choice to peel, or not!)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Apple Cake directions:.
- 2Mix sugar, oil, and eggs. Blend well.
- 3Sift flour, salt and soda. Hold out 1/2 cup flour mixture to dredge fruits and nuts.
- 4Beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients ~ add vanilla.
- 5Stir in apples, nuts, and coconut dredged in 1/2 cup flour (from above).
- 6Pour into greased and floured 10 inch tube, or large bundt pan.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Cool and top with glaze.
- 8Butterscotch Glaze directions:.
- 9Combine salt, butter, evaporated milk, and brown sugar in saucepan over medium heat.
- 10Bring to a boil and cook gently (not a hard rolling boil) for 5 minutes.
- 11Add vanilla; stir, and pour over cooled cake.
- 12Makes 18-20 servings.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Faye's Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.4
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 230.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g