1/1 Photo of Aunt Fanny's Baked Yellow Squash
Aunt Fanny's restaurant was located in Smyrna, Georgia. This was one of the famous side dishes they served with their good old-fashion cooking. The restaurant is now closed but their squash casserole lives on. Time does not include cooking squash and onion to use in casserole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and cut up squash and roughly chop the onion. Boil until tender, approximately 10 minutes. Drain VERY thoroughly, then mash.
- 2Add all ingredients except half of butter and crumbs, to squash. Melt remaining butter.
- 3Pour mixture in baking dish, then spread melted butter over top and sprinkle with cracker meal or bread crumbs.
- 4Bake in 375°F oven for approximately 30 to 45minutes, or until brown on top.
- 5You might add a few sprinkles of nutmeg to the mixture before pouring into the casserole.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Fanny's Baked Yellow Squash
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 505.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g