Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Every time I take my children to my aunt's home she makes us these donuts and serves them with bacon. Perhaps it's the love she puts in them, but they're 100 times better then Krispy Kreme.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
- oil (for frying)
- powdered sugar, for coating
- Heat oil in small pan to 350°F.
- Cut biscuits with pancake syrup lid or other small circumference cup to make the holes.
- Fry donuts 3 at a time with their holes, turning when golden.
- Sift powdered sugar on top when they come out of the pan or shake in a paper bag to coat. Of course, this recipe may be doubled and tripled!
My wife makes these and everyone loves them. She claims they're healthy when they're fried in coconut oil from Tropical Traditions.
I was excited to find this recipe since it looked so easy and knowing I knew of a can of biscuits that was milk, egg, and peanut free to make donuts for my very allergic 4 year old son to actually be able to taste donuts for the first time. However, I was disappointed by the lack of taste these donuts had. They tasted like fried bread. with a little sweetness on the outside from the powdered sugar. I also did some with a cinnamon-sugar mixture which is also a nice flavor. Oh, and the "shake in a bag to coat" idea does NOT work because the very hot oil on the donuts melt the bag instantly.
This is the way i make them. Such indulgence!