Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a remake of Aunt Esta's Hot Degos and made for Make it Healthier recipe tag. To reduce the sodium, you could use homemade pasta sauce. I made 5 big patties.
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 226.79 g ground turkey
- 113.39-170.09 g Italian sausage
- 1 egg, beaten
- 0 ground flax seeds (optional)
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml basil
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 236.59-354.88 ml mozzarella cheese
- 473.18-591.47 ml red pasta sauce
- 1 loaf French bread
- Remove sausage from casing and mix with ground beef and turkey, egg, flax (if using), oregano, basil, and garlic powder.
- Make meat mixture into 4 to 6 patties.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray and cook until done, flipping often.
- Place patties in a crockpot sprayed with cooking spray and cover with pasta sauce.
- Cook on low 1-2 hours.
- Serve on bread and top with the mozzarella cheese. Or serve with noodles as a side.