- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 4 -6 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups red pasta sauce
- 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove sausage from casing and mix with ground beef and turkey, egg, flax (if using), oregano, basil, and garlic powder.
- Make meat mixture into 4 to 6 patties.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray and cook until done, flipping often.
- Place patties in a crockpot sprayed with cooking spray and cover with pasta sauce.
- Cook on low 1-2 hours.
- Serve on bread and top with the mozzarella cheese. Or serve with noodles as a side.