Recipe by Loralieva
I pestered my Aunt Erma for a very, very long time before she broke down and gave me this recipe. It is a must-have at all of our family gatherings. Also posted are the recipes for Chocolate and Caramel frostings, use whichever you like.
- 1 Duncan Hines butter cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla-butternut flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- To Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden cake mix, add the ingredients called for on the box, then add the additional ingredients.
- Mix as directed on box.
- This makes enough batter for 2 9-inch layers or a large 13 X 9 inch cake.
- You may need to add baking time to what is stated on the box - I usually end up adding about 20 minutes for a 13 X 9 cake, less for the 9-inch layers, but check at 10 minute intervals.