Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is originally from my grandmother from Franklin, LA who never spoke any English. Her daughter, my aunt, made them and used her small coffee pot lid to cut them with!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (haven't tried the Splenda on this yet!)
- 1⁄4 cup lard or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 12 inches or more; cut circles with coffee pot lid dipped in flour.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until brown.
- Yield amount I'm guessing!
Reminds me of home and going to college at Southern University buying teacakes from the teacake man. Good Job!