Recipe by litldarlin
I made this recently and my neighbors upstairs told me they couldn't resist the temptation any longer. They had to come down to see what I was making. It was wonderful sharing this recipe of my Aunts with them, and it was also a great way to meet my neighbors.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups pumpkin (16 oz. can)
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 4 eggs gently with 3 cups of sugar.
- Add 1 cup of oil, 1/3 cup of water and 2 cups which equals 1 - 16 oz. can of pumpkin.
- Add 3½ cups of sifted flour, 2 tsps of baking soda, ½ teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoons of cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
- Then add 1½ cups of chopped nuts.
- Put in 3 loaf pans and bake at 350 degree for 1 hour or until done.