Recipe by julie~c
This recipe was handed down from my mother-in-law, Alice. Passive working time is an estimate of cooling time. Preparation time is estimate of active cooking time.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup roger's syrup (or substitute 2 cups brown sugar and 1 cup white Karo syrup)
- 1⁄2 lb margarine or 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT CREAM in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- As soon as mixture starts to boil, add the cream.
- Stir occasionally until a good firm soft ball.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- Cool. Cut into bite-sized squares.
- You can wrap individually or dip in chocolate.
- For variety, you can omit pecans, add walnuts, or 2 tablespoons cocoa.