Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband's aunt worked as a personal chef for many years. She was one of those incredible people who never measured anything, everything had become second nature. I convinced her to measure everything when she baked a batch--and I was lucky to get a written copy of this before she passed away. They are the most delicious soft sugar cookies I have ever had. :o)
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening together.
- Add salt and eggs and mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and sour cream and mix well.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4" to 3/8" thick, and cut cookies out in whatever shape you wish. Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet, and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar. Cool on a wire rack.