Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mom's sister's recipe.
- 3 3⁄4 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup Carnation instant milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine dry ingredients, In large bowl, mix milk, water, egg then blend in dry ingredients and mix til moistened. Grease loaf pan and sprinkle cheese over bread mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then slice and enjoy.
- Note: You may add garlic powder to the mix if you wish.
If you are looking for a lovely, chewy yeast bread, this is not it. However, this recipe literally only took 5 minutes to put together and then I just had to wait for the oven to finish preheating. I used Bisquick, regular nonfat milk, added some garlic powder, and put half of the Parmesan cheese into the bread batter. I think that this bread tastes best toasted with something like potato soup. Thanks for sharing.
This couldn't have been easier! I mixed it exactly as directed, but it seemed a tad bit dry so I added another 1/4 cup milk. Super yummy! Even my picky 12-year old daughter came in asking what that yummy smell was! LOL Will definately make again and again! Thanks for posting! :)