Recipe by Chef Doozer
My husband's grandmother is famous for making this casserole. It is one of those hotdishes that Minnesota and North Dakota are known for. We enjoy it on cold winter evenings.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles or 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger in skillet.
- Boil noodles.
- Mix beef, noodles, mushrooms, olives, cheese, and salt together.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Mix soup and milk together.
- Pour on top of the casserole ingredients.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes total.
- After about 25 minutes sprinkle the casserole with one cup of chow mein noodles.
- Put back in oven to brown the noodles for the last 15 minutes.