Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Awesome beef BBQ recipe from my Aunt Dot, way back in the 1960's. Serve on hamburger buns.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon concentrate
- 1 cup catsup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, if needed
- Mix all ingredients except meat. Put meat in roasting pan and pour mixture of "goop" over meat.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Cool and pull apart with forks, or use blender or food processor.
- Also good with hamburger.