Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my great aunt Dorothy's recipe card but the recipe goes further back in my family then that, it's been a tradition to make on thanksgiving and christmas every year, it's just not a gathering without it.
- 1.5 (6 ounce) packages cornbread
- 1.5 (12 ounce) cans biscuits
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 2 1⁄2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast
- Fix the cornbread and biscuits as the package directs (I make 2 full pans and keep the extra halves to pass around).
- In a large baking pot tear up the cornbread and biscuits and place in the bottom,.
- Add in the chicken, sage, onion, and eggs.
- Mix it together very well.
- Add in the chicken broth slowly mixing as you can use more but do not add so much as to make it soggy.
- bake at 325 for 45 minutes to an hour or until the top is golden brown and some of the juices have been absorbed.