Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the meatloaf my Mom always made,a recipe from my fathers aunt. I really like the sauce on this one.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 -4 slices breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- Combine first 7 ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Press into a loaf style baking dish.
- Mix sauce ingredients in small bowl.
- Bake meatloaf at 350 for one hour basting frequently with the sauce.
This was a tasty meatloaf and the sauce is delicious. My meatloaf turned out to soft and I only used half the milk. Next time I will use 5 slices of bread instead of four. Thanks Rhonda for a new meatloaf recipe