Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love whole garin recipes that don't require a using a wheat grinder. This one is so easy to make, just using your blender.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup wheat berries, whole & uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rumford baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put milk and wheat kernels in blender.
- Blend on highest speed for 4 or 5 minutes or until batter is smooth.
- Add eggs, oil, baking powder, salt and honey or sugar to above batter.
- Blend on low.
- Pour out batter into pancakes from the actual blender jar (only one thing to wash!) onto a hot greased or Pam prepared griddle or large frying pan.
- Cook -- flipping pancakes when bubbles pop and create holes.
- Serve with homemade jam or Honey Syrup.
- FOOD STORAGE SUBSTITUTIONS - choose one or more of these to try.
- 1 cup Milk = 3 T. powdered milk and 1°C Water.
- 2 eggs = 2 T. powdered eggs 1/4°C Water.
- 1 cup wheat Berries = Use 1 cup of any whole grains (wheat, oat, rye, quinoa, etc.).
- NOTE: Rumford Baking Powder is Aluminum Free.
Wow - these were terrific pancakes! Just loved the nutty flavor and texture of the whole wheat and the cinnamon/honey was a perfect sweetner. The great thing about these pancakes was they had a hearty taste but were not heavy and dense at all. Loved these - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011