Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom got this recipe from Aunt Debbie. As a kid I use to think this was almost like heaven. It tastes a bit like cheese cake, but fluffier. The last time I made it for a BUNKO night, the ladies gobbled it up.
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (2 ounce) envelopes Dream Whip
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- Soften gelatin in cold water. Heat milk, stir in gelatin. Beat until gelatin melts, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth. Add gelatin mixture. Beat until well blended.
- Prepare dream whip as directed. Mix well. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Place in serving bowl. Top with canned cherry pie filling. Refrigerate until completely chilled (at least 2 hours).
I've made this a few times and LOVE it! what a great low carb way to get your cheesecake. I used cherry pie filling and another time Mixed Berry Sauce. When I made the berry sauce it was still quite warm so I refrg. the creamy filling and topped later with the berry sauce. Thanks so much for posting, Color Guard Mom! Roxygirl
This was a nice, light summer dessert. It's not at all heavy like a cheesecake. I used almond extract in the Dream Whip, too...it just seems right with the cherry filling. Husband wants me to put it in a graham cracker crust next time so I'll try that. Made for Name Game Challenge 2008 (in honor my sister Debbie).
I had a hawaiian party tonight, so I made two of them. I was not sure how they would go over, butTHEY DID !!! Everybody loved it, and wanted the recipe so I copied about 8 for some of my guests. It was soft, fluffy, and very good. I made two of them. The cream cheese filling was fantastic, and filling. Thank you so much for the recipe Color Guard Mom !!