Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
The absolute best macaroni and cheese I have ever tasted. My kids love macaroni and cheese and this takes it up a notch! Every time I have taken it to a potluck it is gone almost as soon as it is set out.
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxesdeluxe Kraft macaroni and cheese
- milk (quantity to be determined)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- butter or margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- milk (as needed)
- 2 (8 -12 ounce) packages cheddar cheese, grated (Darlene uses 1 block cheddar cheese, grated and 1 block colby cheese cut into 1/2-3/4-inch chunks)
- Boil macaroni until tender, then drain water completely.
- Put macaroni in a large bowl.
- Stir in cheese from package and butter as required on box directions. Stir eggs and evaporated milk together. Add to macaroni mixture. Add additional milk until it covers macaroni. Stir it up!
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into pan and stir in all of the shredded (and chunked) cheese reserving about 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheese for the top.
- Cook on 375°F until cheese is golden brown.
I used the Kraft "Deluxe" mac and cheese. This recipe makes the creamiest, tastiest mac and cheese ever. Makes a large casserole though--if you don't have a bunch of people to help you eat it, cut the recipe in half! It would be great for a potluck!
The kids love it. I like the fact that it reheats well, unlike the macaroni prepared on the stovetop. I've made it both from the powder mix and the cheese pouches. Both were good, but the cheese pouch was much creamier.
I followed the recipe exactly and was not very impressed. Maybe, the deluxe kraft mac and cheese is the way to go.