Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious frosting for any carrot cake Red Velvet Cake. I like to make mine white, but in the Chicago area you often see it tinted pink.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 -2 drop red food coloring (optional)
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter on high speed until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and continue beating until spreadable.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add pecans, coconut and red food coloring (if desired for Red Velvet Cake).
Absolutely delish!! I put this on Tennessee Hummingbird Cake. It totally set that cake off. Excellent I will be making again. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. I tagged this in memory of Chef Monday!!