I adopted this recipe during the Recipezaar Adoption, so I have not idea who Aunt Cora is, but she's got to be one great lady!!! I made these biscuits using Sourdough Starter # 67075 by KimmieOH and they are simply wonderful. I did use the butter flavor shortening and instead of letting them rise over hot water, I just sat them on top of the stove while the cake that was in the oven baked. They rose beautifully. Other than that, I made them exactly as directed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour in bowl, add starter in a well, then add melted shortening and dry ingredients.
- 2Mix lightly and turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead until the consistency of bread dough, or of a satiny finish.
- 3Pat or roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness, cut and put on a greased pan.
- 4Coat all sides of biscuits with melted butter.
- 5Let rise over boiling water for 1/2 hour.
- 6Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Cora's Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 884.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: