Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Aunt Collie always had these on hand.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons anise extract or 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon anise extract, to taste
- 4 tablespoons water (aproximately)
- Cream together the sugar and crisco.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add Anise (or lemon) extract, salt, baking powder and milk.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at-a-time and mix together.
- Grease a cookie sheet and, using a large soup spoon, make a line of dough.
- Smooth dough to connect each mound to make one loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees till lightly browned.
- Approximately 15 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Frosting should not be thin, nor thick, but an oozing consistency.
This is an easy recipe to follow. I loved this recipe. It came out so good. It tasted just like the bakery ones.If you like soft biscotti, this is the recipe for you. Thank you dojemi for sharing your wonderful recipe.