My Aunt Collie always had these on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening or 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons anise extract or 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1Cream together the sugar and crisco.
- 2Add eggs and mix well.
- 3Add Anise (or lemon) extract, salt, baking powder and milk.
- 4Add flour 1/2 cup at-a-time and mix together.
- 5Grease a cookie sheet and, using a large soup spoon, make a line of dough.
- 6Smooth dough to connect each mound to make one loaf.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees till lightly browned.
- 8Approximately 15 minutes.
- 10Mix all ingredients together.
- 11Frosting should not be thin, nor thick, but an oozing consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Collie's Soft Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2492.9
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 325.7 mg
- Sodium 1268.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 443.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 270.4 g
- Protein 34.0 g