Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple to make and delicous home style soft batch cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a large bowl Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the molasses and egg, beating well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
- Dissolve baking soda in the water.
- Next, add the flour and baking soda mixtures alternately to butter mixture.
- Blending well after each addition.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased and floured cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350ºF about 12 to 15 minutes until done.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.
ease up on the spices....