Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Aunt Claire's Korean BBQ sirloin beef. This one has beer in the marinade,what the heck as our family likes beer. The recipe came from Claire's sister in law Kim who is from Korea. Aunt Claire served this with Chop Chae (recipe posted) for our family gatherings. Claire has passed but lives on through her recipes and many fond memories. Thanks Aunt Claire!
- 2 lbs sirloin tip roast or 2 lbs top round roast
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 10 green onions, chopped 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) can Budweiser beer
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Freeze meat for one hour. Slice beef 1/8 inch thick.
- Toast sesame seeds 4-5 minutes in ungreased pan at 350 degrees ,stirring occasionally.
- In a container with tight lid mix well all ingredients except beef.
- Add sliced beef.
- Marinate for 6 no longer than 8 hours, turning over several times.
- Over hot grill or broiler cook beef 2-3 minutes each side.
Great sauce. I wasn't sure about using the beer, but it works! I used this recipe for barbecued Kalbi and it was great after marinating overnight. Thanks for sharing the recipe.