Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Korean noodle with beef and spinach dish. Aunt Claire made this for large family gatherings (recipe times 4), add mixed it in 5 gallon buckets. She got this recipe from her sister in law Kim from Korea. Aunt Claire served this with Pul Gol Gi (grilled marinated sirloin beef -recipe also posted) The family looked foward to these events. Thanks Claire for the recipes and memories! We are keeping your traditions alive.
- 907.18 g fresh spinach
- 8 carrots, finely shreaded
- 2 large onions
- 907.18 g sliced mushrooms
- 907.18 g sirloin tip beef
- 118.29 ml peanut oil
- 2 (680.38 g) packagekorean vermicelle sweet potato starch noodles (Hanmi brand available on the internet www.koamart.com item # 2187 green package)
- 354.88 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 44.37 ml toasted sesame seeds
- 44.37 ml sesame seed oil
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain. When cool squeeze out excess water,set aside.
- In large dutch oven fill 3/4 full with water. Bring to boil, remove from heat. Add Korean vermicelle to water and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain and rince with cold water. Cut into about 4 inch long pieces.
- Cut onions into 1/8 wedges, separate pieces.
- Slice sirloin tip into strips 2 inches long 1/4 inch thick (partially freeze to make slicing easier).
- Mix soy sauce, pepper,sesame seeds, sesame oil, brown sugar and garlic powder. set aside.
- In large wok or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil (adding more as needed when stir frying) over high heat.
- Stir fry each ingredient seperately- carrots,mushrooms,onions and beef .Add all into very large bowl after stir frying.
- Add vermicielle and spinach to bowl with stir fry ingredients.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over and mix well.
- Serve at room temperature.