Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Every Christmas I looked forward to eating handfuls of my Great Aunt Catherine's sugar cookies (oh, if my parents only knew!) These truly are the most fantastic sugar cookies I have ever eaten.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, FINELY chopped
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla together.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add nuts and stir.
- Form balls the size of walnuts.
- Then roll in sugar and press flat with the bottom of a glass or the tines of a fork -dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min or until edges are a light brown.
I was so surprised by how easy these were to make. Out of all the cookies I bake, I always struggle with Sugar cookies for some reason. Thanks for such a quick, delicious, and reliable treat!