Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from www.seafood.allrecipes.com and was posted by snoochums95. It is by far my favorite recipe I have found online and integrated into my "easy and regularly cooked recipes" and I wanted it on my favorite recipe site!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (I freeze fresh spinach no longer able to be used for salad and wait for the day I make this recipe)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs (I use fine)
- 1 egg
- 1 lb cod (I use pollock sometimes)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a bowl, mix the spinach, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, about 5 tablespoons dry bread crumbs, and the egg. Spread the mixture into the bottom of a small baking dish. Arrange the cod fillets on top of the spinach mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining Cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Cover, and bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.