Recipe by Lisa1
This was a staple at my Aunt Bonnie's barbeques, but the recipe probably originated from the back of a Creamettes box in the 1960's. In Minnesota, we obviously use Creamettes Macaroni Rings. You can use anellini pasta for this recipe. Cooking time does not include refrigerating time.
Top Review by tiffanylynn444
I grew up in North Dakota and this is one of my favorite pasta salads ever. My grandma and mom both make it for me (although with elbow noodles instead of rings) every time I come to visit. Its great as posted, but we also add cheddar cheese to it - I use shredded if I'm using ring pasta and diced cheese if using elbows. I also like some salt and pepper added and use half mayo, half miracle whip. Thanks for sharing this one Lisa!
- 1 (7 ounce) boxring macaroni, prepared as directed on box
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) canearly june le seuer peas, drained (or 1 cup Green Giant Select Lesueur frozen baby peas, thawed)
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less, use to taste)