Recipe by sml212
I had this at a potluck dinner. It was very good. It is sweet and slightly sour; but not too sour. It is crunchy to which makes it interesting.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wonderful broccoli salad. I loved the crunchiness and the tangy flavor. I omitted the onions, just because I don't care for raisins in salads, otherwise stuck to the recipe. Thanx for sharing this!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 8 slices of fried bacon
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (I like walnut pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (I use cheddar or colby)
- 1 bunch broccoli floret
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and refrigerate the vinegar, mayo and sugar for 1 hour.
- This is the dressing.
- Cook the bacon while the dressing is in the refrigerator.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables and place in refrigerator.
- Allow to cool down for an hour or so and let flavors combine.