Recipe by rickoholic83
I went camping with my Uncle Dick and Aunt Bev last summer and was introduced to this recipe. My Aunt Bev was raised by 'Daddy' (who has the most fantastic Southern drawl you will ever hear) and her mom (Heaven now has a perfect angel looking down on all of us. ) This is how her family ate their hot dogs. When my uncle first told me about them I looked at him and said, "There is no way those can be good! That's crazy!" Guess what was for dinner that night? Aunt Bev's "Weird" Hot Dogs. Because I love her and didn't want to offend her, I tried them. LOVE 'EM! This is definitely a recipe for someone who is willing to try different things. ;)
Top Review by weekend cooker
We like the peanut butter on these , but not combined with the relish. I think I will try these again, but with less relish though. These are worth retrying though. Made for PRMR tag.
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup peanut butter, smooth (1-2 T for each bun)
- 6 tablespoons ketchup (or more)
- 6 tablespoons sweet relish (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill hot dogs until heated through. (I would not recommend just boiling but you could.).
- Toast buns while grilling the hot dogs.
- On each toasted bun, spread 1-2 T peanut butter.
- Split the hot dogs in half and place in buns.
- Top with 1 T each ketchup and sweet relish (or more to your taste).
- Enjoy a totally different experience!