1/3 Photos of Aunt Bev's " Weird" Hot Dogs
I went camping with my Uncle Dick and Aunt Bev last summer and was introduced to this recipe. My Aunt Bev was raised by 'Daddy' (who has the most fantastic Southern drawl you will ever hear) and her mom (Heaven now has a perfect angel looking down on all of us. ) This is how her family ate their hot dogs. When my uncle first told me about them I looked at him and said, "There is no way those can be good! That's crazy!" Guess what was for dinner that night? Aunt Bev's "Weird" Hot Dogs. Because I love her and didn't want to offend her, I tried them. LOVE 'EM! This is definitely a recipe for someone who is willing to try different things. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill hot dogs until heated through. (I would not recommend just boiling but you could.).
- 2Toast buns while grilling the hot dogs.
- 3On each toasted bun, spread 1-2 T peanut butter.
- 4Split the hot dogs in half and place in buns.
- 5Top with 1 T each ketchup and sweet relish (or more to your taste).
- 6Enjoy a totally different experience!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Bev's " Weird" Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.9
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 1106.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 14.8 g