Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My Aunt Beulah gave this recipe to my mother back in the 1950's. It's also good cold and sliced in a sandwich with some mayo.
- 709.77 ml carrots, cooked until tender
- 473.18 ml tomato juice
- 473.18 ml Special K cereal or 473.18 ml wheaties wheat flakes cereal
- 473.18 ml smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 7.39 ml ground sage
- 118.29 ml green bell pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml onion, diced
- Peel and cook carrots until tender. Measure out 3 cups carrots, drain & mash well. Add peanut butter to hot mashed carrots; then eggs, sage, peppers, onion, juice & cereal. Mix well and pour into a lightly greased bread loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours or until the edges are light brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes and serve warm or cold.