Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My Aunt Beulah gave this recipe to my mother back in the 1950's. It's also good cold and sliced in a sandwich with some mayo.
- 3 cups carrots, cooked until tender
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups Special K cereal or 2 cups wheaties wheat flakes cereal
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- Peel and cook carrots until tender. Measure out 3 cups carrots, drain & mash well. Add peanut butter to hot mashed carrots; then eggs, sage, peppers, onion, juice & cereal. Mix well and pour into a lightly greased bread loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours or until the edges are light brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes and serve warm or cold.