Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My favorite dish! Typically served as a side dish, but this is sweet enough to serve as dessert. Cook time does not include cooking and mashing the sweet potatoes.
- 3 cups cooked & mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup oleo, melted (I use margarine)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Mix first seven ingredients and spread in a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Mix topping ingredients and spread over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Did make but half a recipe here, & even then shared half of that with a neighbor! I left the outer skin on the yams that I used, dicing them small before mashing! Also toasted the pecans before including them, & it all made for a VERY, VERY TASTY YAM DISH, one I'd be happy to make again for the up-coming holidays! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]