Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here in New England, where cranberries are more plentiful (and less expensive) than cherries, my dear sister-in-law would make this pie every year. We lost her a few years ago, but will always remember her warm and loving personality through her recipes.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- Put cranberries and raisins into a blender and chop up together.
- Sift flour and sugar together and add to fruit mixture.
- Add water and vanilla.
- Pour into an unbaked pie crust.
- Top with crust and cut slits for steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 5 minutes before it is done, brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- (The taste is better when it is cold).
This is a lovely pie. Actually, I mixed the cranberries and rasins together and left them whole. Next time I think I'll use almond extract. There will definately be a next time.