Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was given to the family back in the 1970's by Betty Landreneaux.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whipped butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup candied cherry, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except almonds.
- Blend at medium speed until all ingredients are blended together for about two minutes.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spread mixture into a well greased 9 inch square pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and decorate each with any color of candied cherries, if desired.