Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was given to the family back in the 1970's by Betty Landreneaux.
Make and share this Aunt Betty's Honey Almond Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whipped butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup candied cherry, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except almonds.
- Blend at medium speed until all ingredients are blended together for about two minutes.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spread mixture into a well greased 9 inch square pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and decorate each with any color of candied cherries, if desired.