Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These little gems are WONDERFUL to serve anytime, but great for an appetizer at a party... Try them, and you will be gobbling them up!
- 1 -2 loaf cocktail bread (rye, whole wheat)
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, big links, casings removed
- 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb ground round, we like very lean hamburger
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, we use the light
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash oregano
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cook and scramble sausage and hamburger in a very lg. fry pan. Make sure meats are mashed up well in small pieces when cooked. Drain fat.
- Add Velveeta and rest of ingredients, and mix well. Spread on bread.
- If ready to use, heat in hot oven until bubbly, about 5 minutes, or you can freeze, and bake until cheese bubbles, just before serving.
- Serve hot.