Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My aunt made this for years for us for the holidays, and it was always a SPECIAL treat! I know if you make it once you will have to make it again:)
- 1 (6 ounce) packageof any flavor Jello gelatin, I use Cherry
- 1 (14 ounce) can chunk pineapple, reserve juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can mandarin oranges, reserve juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can peaches, reserve juice
- some fresh green grape
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Drain the canned fruit. Use up to 2 cups of it for 2 cups of the liquid in the jello.
- Make up the jello using 2 cups of boiling water, and 2 cups of juice from the canned fruit, mixing well.
- Put into the mold.
- Refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hrs., or until jello is partially set.
- Stir in the drained fruit and nuts, and refrigerate until set.
- When ready to serve, tip bottom of mold into hot water for a few seconds. This will help to release mold onto serving plate.
- When ready to serve, place serving plate on top of mold and invert.
I made this to go to a cookout yesterday and everyone enjoyed it very much. The blend of fruits was great and it was refreshing along side our barbecue chicken, coleslaw and fresh corn on the cob. This is a great side dish to any meal, or you can top it with whipped cream and have it for a nice dessert. We really enjoyed this one and will make it throughout the summer and around the holidays too!
Super addition to our Thanksgiving table this year. We loved it with the nuts. I will make this often to share!
Linda I had not had this dish in sooo long. It was a favorite of many church potlucks when I was a kid and finally I can make it again. I used it as a dessert instead of a side salad & added a bit of fresh whipped cream to the top. The only adjustment I made was to omit the walnuts (as you stated were optional). Perfect perfect dish!! Thanks for sharing this keeper! Made for the 123 Hit Wonders Game.