Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Aunt Betty was famous for her pies. As she is no longer with us, I believe she would want to share it.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup vegetable shortening, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 5 tablespoons water
- Blend flour, shortening and salt.
- In a seperate bowl beat in egg, vinegar and water until fluffy. Add to the flour mixture.
- Use immediately or wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate. Will keep in refridgerator for almost 2 weeks. Before using refrigerated dough, allow to come to room temperature.
I have used this recipe for years and it`s wonderful