Recipe by pamela t.
My aunt Betty makes this amazing casserole. Though hard boiled eggs and chipped beef are hardly haute cuisine, I think you'll agree after trying this one that the flavor is outstanding. You have to mix this up and refrigerate it overnight before baking it to fully enhance the flavors. Do not add any salt--the beef and the soup are salty enough. You may want to rinse the beef before adding it to the casserole as it is quite salty. Add a green salad and "presto" dinner is ready. Prep time is minimal but you need to mix this up the day before you want to bake it.
- 11 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces dried chipped beef, cut into bite size pieces (rinse the beef to the desired saltiness level, if preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put soup in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Stir until creamy.
- Gradually add milk, stirring well.
- Add cheese, macaroni, onion and beef; blend well.
- Fold in sliced eggs.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Stir briefly and bake uncovered at 325°F for one hour.