Recipe by Pierce
This is a crock-pot method for my aunt's macaroni and cheese. I use a Rival 5 Qt Crock pot, and have successfully doubled this recipe without changing the cooking time.
Top Review by bl13cw
Loved this recipe!! Needed to come up with a quick side dish to take to a potluck holiday dinner so chose this recipe. It was a huge hit! So easy to make. I did not add the full tablespoon of salt, just gave a good shake over the pot. I actually quadrupled the recipe and it turned out great, still fit in my large crock pot. Thanks for sharing, Pierce!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni for 5 minutes, should be slightly undercooked, thoroughly drained and rinsed.
- Pour macaroni into slow cooker and toss thoroughly with butter, to coat all macaroni and the crock.
- Toss macaroni with the shredded Velveeta.
- Pour in the soup, and toss some more.
- Top with shredded cheddar, but keep it away from the sides of the crock.
- Cook on 'high' for 90 minutes.